These chocolate chip cookies are nice and crispy on the outside, while squishy in the middle. A great recipe for a traditional treat.
1 stick of butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups flour
Half-bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Add softened butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in a medium mixing bowl. Mix using a large spoon or hand mixer until creamy. Add beaten egg and continue to mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda into a different large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix everything together, then add in the chocolate chips.
- Roll out balls of cookie dough onto a greased baking sheet. Cookie dough balls should be around the size of a golf ball. (Usually makes one dozen.)
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes. Enjoy your warm cookies. 🙂