This pork stir-fry has a bit of heat with a Sichuan-style garlic sauce. You can sub whatever veggies you’d like, but it tastes amazing with mushrooms and green beans!
Medium-high – 4 stars
- For the sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 teaspoon fish sauce
2 teaspoon corn starch
- For the pork
1-1.5lb pork center loin or pork chops, cut into cubes
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cold water
2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
2 teaspoon corn starch
- For the stir fry
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 green onion, minced
1 tablespoon garlic chili sauce
1 teaspoon hot chili oil
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
12oz green beans, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 cup Chinese black fungus, rehydrated in water
5oz shitake mushrooms, chopped
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil, then add in the trimmed green beans. Cook for about five minutes, then drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat. Add chopped shiitake mushrooms and Chinese black fungus and cook for about 4 minutes. Add the green beans and continue to cook for another 4 minutes. Transfer the veggies to a separate bowl or plate for now.
- Combine cubed pork, baking soda, and cold water into a bowl. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. While you’re waiting, prepare two small bowls. In one, mix together all the ingredients in the sauce section above. In the other, combine minced garlic, chopped green onions, garlic chili sauce, and chili oil. It will be pretty spicy, so you can halve the chili sauce and chili oil if needed.
- Rinse the pork in cold water, then drain the bowl and pat the pork dry with paper towels. Add 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine and 2 teaspoons corn starch, then toss to coat.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil into your heated skillet. Add the contents of the bowl with the garlic/green onion mixture and cook until fragrant. Add the pork and cook until no longer pink, around 5 minutes.
- Add the content of the sauce bowl into the skillet and increase the heat to high until the sauce has thickened. Return the vegetables to the skillet and toss to combine everything. Serve over rice with extra chili oil if desired.