This pasta has a wonderful creamy garlic sauce with tomatoes, spinach, and simple seasoned chicken. It’s a great weeknight recipe!
1.5 lb thin-sliced boneless, skinless chicken breast
Salt, pepper, and thyme to season the chicken
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
5oz baby spinach, roughly chopped
1 large tomato, diced (sun-dried tomatoes are also good here!)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoon parsley
1 box (16oz) linguine pasta
- First, we’ll cook the chicken. Season both sides of of each piece of chicken generously with salt, pepper, and thyme. Heat a pan or skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Place two chicken thighs into the pan at a time (be careful because the oil will likely pop a bit). Cook the chicken for five minutes on each side, until cooked through and golden brown. Remove the chicken to a plate, cut into strips, and clean out your pan.
- In a large pot, boil salted water. Cook and drain the linguine according to the packaging.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can start on the sauce. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to your clean pan or skillet, and bring to a medium heat. Add minced garlic and chopped onions to the pan and saute until the onions are clear. Stir in chopped tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
- Add cream, chicken stock, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper into the pan and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and stir in parmesan and parsley until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve sauce over pasta with strips of cooked chicken on top.